Monday, December 10, 2012

Spontaneous Kitchen Attack


I'm wondering if I am the only person who one minute can simply be putting dishes away on a Saturday morning, and the next minute this happens:

I have lived in my little country house for 4 1/2 years now and love so many things 
about it. 
But there's one thing I have LOATHED the entire time, and that's the counter tops. Both the kitchen and the bathroom have been adorned with the most hideous PINK formica.
 You know, the kind with the little silver glittery flecks in it? 

Because I am not the type to actually plan big projects and be prepared and all, most times these things happen spontaneously
Like when putting dishes away when the thought pops into my head that i should just rip off the backsplash and paint it. Now
So I did. But then that just made the pinkness of the countertops all the more obvious. So before I knew it, demolition had begun. 
The idea has been in my head for a long time, actually. And a few months ago I did a little corner where my junk drawers are, just to see how it would look. 
By the time Monday morning had come, the entire kitchen had been painted, glazed, and coated with 3 coats of polyurethane. 

But of course, now every time I walked past the bathroom and saw the pink counter top in there I cringed
So......this: 


Turned in to this:


I am so happy with the change.
And may I just say, don't let a "big" project like this scare you or keep you from making a change that will infuse your room with fresh, new, fantastic funkyness! It was so worth the sore fingers and few days of upheaval! 

And if you are too nervous to do it yourself, call me. I can help....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment