Wednesday, November 21, 2012

All My (Plates) In One Basket

I am known to be a spinner of many plates. 
I went to the Shanghai Circus a few years ago and watched the guys who literally spin plates on a long stick. It's amazing enough to do one, but they kept adding more sticks and more plates until it was mind boggling to think that what they were doing was even possible. 
As I sat there watching, I couldn't help but feel like this was a metaphor for my life. 

This doesn't only apply in my personal life, but in my creative and professional lives as well. 
There are so many things that I want to do and learn and create and it sometimes feels like I am bouncing all over the place suffering from some sort of
creative-multi-personality-disorder

I have managed to narrow things down to my three main categories:
Children & Family Photography, Furniture Design, and Mixed Media Art
(Although I do also write a food blog called Swigs and Grinds
which I have been seriously neglecting of late).

I have been a boutique children's photographer for my whole adult life, and absolutely LOVE connecting with my subjects and creating artistic, candid, fun photographs that people will treasure forever. It is only recently that I have become a furniture maven, and that by way of clients always wanting to buy my shabby chic furniture that was in my photography studio. 

Then about a year ago, I had an overwhelming need to create simply for the sake of creating, not because an order had to be filled or a consignment piece had to be refinished. This is where I began to dabble in Mixed Media Art, and teach myself enough techniques so that I could have a fun way to create some positive and whacky "art", if you will.

So because I recently felt like I was spreading my spinning plates in so many directions all over the internet, I decided to gather them all and put them into one basket which has found it's home at the new "Fantastically Funky" website.  

There you will find portfolios for my photography, furnishings and mixed media art. 
There is also a Fantastically Funky Facebook Page.

Please stop by and say hello and also keep up with new pieces and specials going on in the studio. 
And THANK YOU for supporting all of the fantastically funky plates that I am spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment